Monday, November 14, 2011


Have you ever wished for blue eyes (if you don't have them already)? Well, your wish can come true thanks to a new eye treatment.

I've met a few people that use color contacts because they're unhappy with their "boring" eye color.  How can a color be "boring"? I always thought that it was weird for people to go to the extreme of  buying color contacts (which are not cheap by the way) in order to have different colored eyes that are fake. I use contacts, but it's because I have horrible eyesight and I don’t use colored ones. And, let me tell you something. It's a  hassle to wake up in the morning and put on your contacts. You have to make sure that your hands clean and you have to have a mirror. You also need to buy solution to keep the contacts wet. It's just an extra step in my morning routine. I don't know why anyone would want to put contacts on every morning if they didn't have to and the only reason why was because they have a "boring" eye color. But a new eye treatment might come out that permanently changes brown eyes to blue . If the new treatment receives FDA approval in 3 years, as planned, then your dream of blue eyes could come true. "How does it work?", you may ask. Well, a special laser destroys the brown pigment in your eyes, which stimulates the color change to happen over the next few weeks. So yes, your eyes would be changing colors for a few days. The treatment lasts about 20 seconds and will cost $5000. The procedure is supposed to be safe, but it isn't reversible. Apparently, there are no side effects, but I'm not so sure. Putting "destroy pigment" and "safe" in the same sentence just doesn't cut it for me. What if you ended up with a shade of blue that you didn't like?

My thought about this is "I don't think so". I personally like my brown eyes. I might look weird if you changed my eyes to blue, because my skin tone is suited for my eye color. I think it's amazing what people will do to be "pretty". What's the point of doing that procedure if it's not even your natural eye color? I wonder if people with blue eyes want brown eyes. Would you do this procedure? Would you spend that money to get blue eyes that your not even sure you'll like in the end? 

No comments:

Post a Comment