Wednesday, October 23, 2013

People Notice The Little Things



I think it's important to realize that people really do notice the little things. You may think you go about life unnoticed and under-appreciated, but you'd be surprised to know how many people are watching (in a non-stalker way, of course).

In the past few days I've come to realize that people notice a lot more than I give them credit for. There are some people that I had never talked to before that noticed I had been gone for a few months. I hadn't even thought anyone would notice. I don't want this to make me sound pitiful or anything, but I didn't think anyone would notice my absence because I usually keep to myself. Anyways, because there are people watching, we should remember to always be mindful of our actions. Here are a few things you can do:
  • Try smiling to the people you pass. Who cares if they think you're a weirdo!? We need more joy in this crazy world we live in! And who knows, maybe that smile will make their day. 
  • Manners matter! "Please" and "thank you" go a long way and holding the door for the person behind you is kind.
  • Be respectful. You never know what battles other people are going through. You don't know if they're having tough economic issues at home or have a very sick relative. 
  • Don't gossip. You never know who is listening, and talking about other people can bring about a lot of unnecessary problems.
  • Lastly, Jesus calls us to love our neighbors and shine his light. If we are followers of Christ we need to be good examples. There is no excuse for a sucky attitude. That doesn't mean we don't have the right to be angry. You can be angry, but don't let out your anger on other people. Ephesians 4:31-32 says "Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you." That verse is pretty self-explanatory, guys. And let's not forget Luke 6:31 "Do to others as you would have them do to you." 

Remember, we are not perfect, nor should ever feel the need to strive for perfection because it's impossible. We will make mistakes and say things we don't mean. I know I struggle with kindness! We all do. But let's work on bettering our actions. This world is so messed up; we need some kind people doing some kind things. 

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." -Aesop

~Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment